Effective August 1, 2019, the Mississippi Division of Medicaid will transition Utilization
Management and Quality Improvement services to Alliant Health Solutions.
Initial, Concurrent, and Retrospective Authorization Review Service Requests
• eQHealth Solutions will receive initial, concurrent and retrospective authorization review service requests until July 31, 2019 at 11:59 pm CST. eQHealth Solutions will complete all reviews received up until July 31, 2019 at 11:59 pm CST, including pended or suspended cases where providers may submit requested additional information after July 31, 2019.
• All prior authorization reviews submitted on or before July 31 that are pended for additional information will be handled by eQHealth Solutions and providers will
submit related inquiries and requested information/documentation to eQHealth Solutions during the month of August.
• At 12:00 am on August 1, 2019, eQHealth Solutions will stop receiving initial, concurrent and retrospective authorization review requests.
• For any initial, concurrent and retrospective authorization review service requests on or after 12:00 am on August 1, 2019, please visit Alliant’s Mississippi Medicaid portal (https://ms.allianthealth.org) for information on service authorization processes and provider education opportunities.
• In the event there are authorizations still in process, for some reason outside of eQHealth Solutions control, eQHealth Solutions will transition all information
pertaining to each case to Alliant by Friday, August 30, 2019 at 12:00 pm.
This change does not impact service authorizations for Advanced Imaging.
This change does not impact Medicaid beneficiaries enrolled in the MS Coordinated Access Networks (MSCAN).
Please contact eQHealth Solutions Helpline at 866-740-2221 if you have questions regarding this change.
For dates of services on or after September 1, 2018, durable medical equipment (DME) providers must include the collaborating physician’s national provider identifier (NPI number) and Mississippi Medicaid number on any required CMN submitted to eQHealth Solutions. Updated forms have been added to the eQHealth website at http://ms.eqhs.org/Education/Forms.aspx.
Effective April 1, 2018, the Mississippi Administrative Code Title 23: Medicaid, Part 205: Hospice prior authorization requirements have been updated. The Administrative Code updates can be reviewed in their entirety at http://www.sos.ms.gov/adminsearch/ACProposed/00023144b.pdf. Effective April 1, 2018, please use the following new forms to complete authorization or changes for hospice services: Election Notice, Hospice Revocation-Discharge, Physician Certification, and Transfer Form. The forms are located on the eQHealth website under Education→ Forms.
Click below to view Mississippi Division of Medicaid's Administrative Codes and Policies.
Click below to check eligibility, status of a claim or for billing questions.